Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ereader cases

In my last post I shared with you my first attempt at  a case for my new e-reader.  Well I didn't like it very much because it was too bulky and it wasn't holding the e-reader secure enough.  The picture above is my second attempt.  I crocheted this sleeve that fits the e-reader perfect.  I like this one very much but I still wanted to created a case that flipped open like a book.
The above is my third attempt at the e-reader case.  This one I measured everything and made a pattern and sewed it together.  It has thinner cardboard in it so that it was  not as bulky.  When I finished it and tried to put the e-reader in it I realized that a had measured everything correctly but I didn't leave enough fabric for a seam allowance.  So this one was a bust.

The pictures above are the Fourth pattern I created.  I spent almost 3 hours measuring and folding and correcting the pattern until I think i had it accurate.  The pattern on the left is for the fabric for the inside and outside of the case and the pattern on the right is the pattern for the felt padding.
This is the e-reader case I made from the pattern I created.  I used flat quarters quilting fabric.  The lining I chose to use instead of cardboard I used felt.  It adds just enough padding with out creating the bulky effect the cardboard has.  I chose to use velcro for the closure and added the the flower button adorenment.
When the case is open the velcro can be fastened in the back and the e-reader is nice and secure in the elastic bands.  The case fits perfectly around e-reader not too small not too big.  Just Right.
Live Love Create.








No comments:

Post a Comment